Hello everybody, hope you are having an incredible day today. Today, I’m gonna show you how to prepare a special dish, nikujaga. One of my favorites. For mine, I am going to make it a bit unique. This will be really delicious.
Nikujaga is one of the most popular Japanese comfort food, the delicious dish Guess what her favorite Japanese food is? Nikujaga (Japanese: 肉じゃが) literally means “meat and. With beef and potatoes simmered in a sweet soy stock until meltingly tender, Nikujaga (肉じゃが), or “meat potatoes” is Japanese comfort food at its best.
Nikujaga is one of the most well liked of current trending meals on earth. It’s simple, it is fast, it tastes yummy. It’s appreciated by millions every day. They’re nice and they look fantastic. Nikujaga is something which I’ve loved my entire life.
To begin with this particular recipe, we have to first prepare a few components. You can have nikujaga using 11 ingredients and 5 steps. Here is how you cook it.
The ingredients needed to make Nikujaga:
- Take 6 large sized potatoes
- Prepare 1 large sized carrot
- Take 1 large sized onion
- Take 1 lb chopped meat(beef or pork)
- Get 1 packed shirataki (Noodles made from konnyaku)
- Take Sauce
- Make ready 1 tbsp soy sauce
- Get 1 tbsp mirin (sweet cooking rice wine)
- Take 1 tbsp cooking sake
- Make ready 1 tbsp sugar
- Take 2 cups water
If you like soft and fluffy, use Russet potatoes. See great recipes for Japanese Nikujaga (Sliced pork and Potatoes), Nikujaga too! Homepage > Recipes > Beef Recipes > Nikujaga Recipe (Beef and Potatoes Stewed in Savory Soy Sauce Based Dashi Broth). All Reviews for Nikujaga (Japanese-style meat and potatoes).
Instructions to make Nikujaga:
- Chop the potato and carrot into large pieces. Slice the onion into wedges.
- Lay 2tbsp oil into the pot on high heat, cook the meat until they browned a little. Then add potatoes, carrots and onions,and cook them too.
- Put mixed sauce and heat. When it boils, skim the scum. Add shirataki and stir, drop lid (or tinfoil) sits in the pot directly on the food on high heat for 10 mins.
- Stir them once and simmer them for more 10 mins as the taste will soak in.
- Enjoy them!
Nikujaga is not meant to be a hearty beef stew. Rather the bulk of the dish is supposed to be the potatoes while the beef is there merely to. Nikujaga does not seem typically Japanese since the main ingredients niku (meat) and jagaimo (potatoes) are historically not traditional Japanese foodstuffs. So nikujaga must be somewhat related to Tōgō. In addition to meat and potatoes, sliced onions and Nikujaga is considered to be a representative home cooking dish.
So that’s going to wrap it up for this special food nikujaga recipe. Thanks so much for your time. I am confident that you can make this at home. There is gonna be more interesting food in home recipes coming up. Don’t forget to save this page on your browser, and share it to your loved ones, colleague and friends. Thanks again for reading. Go on get cooking!
Source : https://www.cookpad.com