Hello everybody, it’s John, welcome to our recipe site. Today, I will show you a way to prepare a special dish, hummus and pita bread. It is one of my favorites. For mine, I’m gonna make it a little bit tasty. This is gonna smell and look delicious.
Transfer to a cutting board and cut into wedges. Place the bowl on a platter and. How to make Hummus at home?
Hummus and pita bread is one of the most favored of current trending meals on earth. It is easy, it’s fast, it tastes yummy. It is enjoyed by millions daily. Hummus and pita bread is something that I have loved my whole life. They are fine and they look fantastic.
To begin with this recipe, we must prepare a few ingredients. You can have hummus and pita bread using 15 ingredients and 4 steps. Here is how you cook that.
The ingredients needed to make Hummus and pita bread:
- Prepare hummus
- Prepare 200 grams chickpeas
- Prepare 2 garlic cloves
- Make ready 2 tbsp lemon juice
- Prepare 2 tbsp olive oil
- Get 4 tbsp water
- Get 1 tsp ground cumin
- Make ready 100 ml tahini
- Make ready 1 salt and black pepper to taste
- Make ready pita bread
- Get 300 ml warm water
- Make ready 500 grams plain flour
- Prepare 1 tsp active dry yeast
- Make ready 6 tbsp olive oil, extra virgin
- Take 1 tsp salt
Bake pita breads as per instruction on the package and cut them in halves. Lastly, sprinkle your pita pockets with pomegranate seeds and chopped. Add some Lebanese with an Indian twist to your breakfast! Get a hold of this lovely ragi pita bread recipe and pair it with dewy soft hummus.
Instructions to make Hummus and pita bread:
- Hummus. Just put all the ingredients in a food procesor and its done, if you dont have a food procesor you can use a blender too, just add all the liquids first and then the chickpeas.
- Mix the dried yeast into the warm water and set to one side.Put the flour into a bowl, add the salt then mix in the yeasty solution. Add the olive oil and knead it all together until it is smooth and firm. Leave it to rise for half an hour.
- Once it’s risen, cut the dough into 8, shape into balls and roll out on both sides. You need your oven at the hottest it will go – 240°C/gas mark 9, or higher if you can.Put the pittas onto a preheated heavy metal baking tray or a baking stone and pit them into the hot oven until they blister up – it will be around 2 minutes. Any longer and they’ll start to burn.
- Yo can serve this with fresh vegetables, meat, et cetera and enjoy!
Hummus with pita bread and fresh vegetables, top view. Hummus healthy eastern creamy lunch served with pita, paprika and parsley. Hummus, mediterranean chickpea and tahini dip. As Pita, Hummus & Tahini are used in different ways in the cuisine, I decided to make them as a sampler. Pita is a soft and hollow bread made with wheat flour in varying round and oval sizes based on its usage.
So that is going to wrap it up for this special food hummus and pita bread recipe. Thank you very much for your time. I’m confident you will make this at home. There is gonna be more interesting food in home recipes coming up. Remember to bookmark this page on your browser, and share it to your family, friends and colleague. Thank you for reading. Go on get cooking!
Source : https://www.cookpad.com