Hello everybody, it is John, welcome to our recipe page. Today, we’re going to make a special dish, merry christmas! tree shaped gratin pie. It is one of my favorites food recipes. This time, I am going to make it a bit tasty. This will be really delicious.
Merry Christmas! Tree Shaped Gratin Pie is one of the most favored of current trending foods on earth. It is simple, it is fast, it tastes yummy. It’s appreciated by millions daily. Merry Christmas! Tree Shaped Gratin Pie is something that I have loved my entire life. They are nice and they look wonderful.
To begin with this particular recipe, we have to prepare a few ingredients. You can cook merry christmas! tree shaped gratin pie using 23 ingredients and 11 steps. Here is how you cook it.
The ingredients needed to make Merry Christmas! Tree Shaped Gratin Pie:
- Make ready 2 sheets Store bought puff pastry
- Take The gratin filling:
- Prepare 50 grams ●Peeled shrimp
- Take 1/4 ●Onion
- Get 1/2 ●King oyster mushrooms
- Take 1/3 bunch ●Broccoli
- Make ready 3 ●Cherry tomatoes
- Get 1 ●Boiled egg
- Make ready 1 tbsp ●White wine
- Make ready 1/4 tsp Cumin (whole)
- Take 1 dash White pepper (powder)
- Make ready 1 ●Salt
- Make ready The sauce:
- Make ready 10 grams ★Butter
- Prepare 300 ml ★Milk or soy milk
- Take 2 tbsp ☆White flour
- Make ready 1/4 tsp Turmeric (powder)
- Prepare 3 shakes ☆Fennel (powdered)
- Prepare 3 shakes ☆ Coriander
- Take 1 dash ★White pepper (powder)
- Get 1 ★Salt
- Prepare 1 ・Melting type cheese
- Make ready 1 ・Beaten eggs (for glazing the pie)
Instructions to make Merry Christmas! Tree Shaped Gratin Pie:
- Cook the eggs to make boiled eggs. While they are boiling, wash the shrimp and drain. Finely chop the onions, cut the king oyster mushrooms in half lengthwise and then cut into 2 cm pieces. Rip the broccoli apart into small pieces, and boil in salt water. Alternatively wrap the broccoli in plastic wrap, and steam-cook in the microwave.
- Make the sauce: Mix the ☆ spices and the flour together. Place butter into a frying pan and melt it over a low heat, add in the ingredients marked ☆, and sauté well. Add in the milk a bit at a time, and keep cooking the sauce until it thickens. Adjust the seasoning with salt and pepper, and turn off the heat.
- Prepare the gratin ingredients: Put cooking oil in another frying pan and roast the cumin in it. Add the onions once the cumin is fragrant, and sauté until soft. Add the king oyster mushrooms and shrimp to the pan in the order listed and sauté. Add the white wine, bring to a boil, and adjust the seasoning with salt and pepper.
- Add the sauce from Step 2 to the Step 3 pan, give it a quick stir. Turn off the heat. Leave to cool.
- Preheat the oven to 190 °C.
- Making the pie crust: Spread out plastic wrap on a cutting board, place the thawed puff pastry sheet on top, and cut in half vertically.
- Flip one side over as shown in the photo and overlap both pieces a bit to form a Christmas tree shape. Brush the overlapping part with beaten egg, stick the pastry pieces together and roll flat with a rolling pin. Poke the pastry several times with a fork. Make another piece in the same way that’s slightly larger then the first one.
- Leave 1.5 cm around the edge of the smaller piece of dough (for the overlap), and mound the filling from Step 4 on top.
- Cut the boiled egg into 8 wedges and the cherry tomatoes in half. Place the egg, tomatoes and broccoli on top of the pie. Fill the gaps with cheese here and there.
- Cut about 8 slits into the other piece of dough. Brush the edges of the bottom piece of dough with beaten egg. Gently place the dough with the slits on top of the Step 9 bottom pie half, and pinch the edges all around with your fingers. Turn the pinched edges under the pie to clean up the tree shape.
- Brush the whole pie with beaten egg. Bake in the preheated oven for about 30~35 minutes to finish!
So that is going to wrap this up for this exceptional food merry christmas! tree shaped gratin pie recipe. Thanks so much for reading. I’m sure that you will make this at home. There is gonna be interesting food in home recipes coming up. Don’t forget to bookmark this page on your browser, and share it to your loved ones, colleague and friends. Thanks again for reading. Go on get cooking!
Source : https://www.cookpad.com