Hey everyone, it’s me, Dave, welcome to our recipe page. Today, I’m gonna show you how to make a special dish, pot roast. One of my favorites food recipes. This time, I will make it a bit tasty. This is gonna smell and look delicious.
Pot Roast is one of the most well liked of current trending foods on earth. It is simple, it’s fast, it tastes yummy. It’s enjoyed by millions daily. Pot Roast is something that I have loved my entire life. They are nice and they look fantastic.
To begin with this recipe, we must first prepare a few components. You can have pot roast using 15 ingredients and 10 steps. Here is how you cook it.
The ingredients needed to make Pot Roast:
- Get boneless chuck roast, trimmed
- Make ready large yellow onions; large dice
- Get celery; large dice
- Get carrots; about 1/4″ inch thick
- Prepare large Idaho potatoes; peeled & large dice
- Prepare garlic; creamed
- Get beef stock
- Take bay leaves
- Prepare tomato paste
- Prepare fresh rosemary; minced
- Get fresh thyme; minced
- Prepare worcestershire sauce
- Take kosher salt & black pepper
- Make ready vegetable oil
- Prepare fresh parsley; minced
Steps to make Pot Roast:
- Preheat oven to 300°
- Season roast with half the thyme and rosemary, salt, and pepper.
- Heat oil in a large oven-safe pot or dutch oven. Sear roast on all sides and remove to a plate.
- Add onions, carrots, and the remaining rosemary and thyme. Cook until onions begin to caramelize. Add garlic. Cook 30 seconds.
- Add tomato paste. Cook 1 minute.
- Add worcestershire sauce. Scrape up any brown bits remaining on the bottom of the pot. Cook until nearly dry.
- Return roast to pot. Add broth and bay leaves. Bring to a simmer. Cover.
- Transfer to oven. Cook for 3-4 hours or until roast is tender.
- Garnish with parsley.
- Variations; Cola, roasted garlic, bouqet garni, canola oil, bacon fat, crushed pepper flakes, red potatoes, fingerlings, sweet potatoes, turnips, rutabaga, parsnip, butternut squash, acorn squash, scallions, chives, leeks, red wine, beer, root beer, oregano, zucchini, green beans, bell peppers, jalapeños, paprika, shallots, pearl onion, asparagus, fennel, dried onion soup mix, chile puree, mushrooms
So that’s going to wrap it up for this exceptional food pot roast recipe. Thanks so much for reading. I am confident you can make this at home. There’s gonna be interesting food in home recipes coming up. Don’t forget to bookmark this page in your browser, and share it to your family, friends and colleague. Thanks again for reading. Go on get cooking!
Source : https://www.cookpad.com