Hello everybody, it’s Louise, welcome to our recipe site. Today, I’m gonna show you how to make a distinctive dish, seafood gumbo. It is one of my favorites food recipes. This time, I will make it a little bit tasty. This will be really delicious.
Seafood Gumbo is one of the most favored of recent trending meals on earth. It’s simple, it’s fast, it tastes delicious. It is enjoyed by millions every day. Seafood Gumbo is something which I have loved my entire life. They’re fine and they look fantastic.
Seafood gumbo, packed with shrimp, oysters, red snapper, and, especially Louisiana blue crab, is a classic South Louisiana dish. Ben Thibodeaux, chef de cuisine of Dickie Brennan’s Tableau in Le Petit. #SoulFoodSunday – Here’s another drop for #SoulFoodSunday playlist.
To begin with this particular recipe, we must prepare a few ingredients. You can cook seafood gumbo using 20 ingredients and 10 steps. Here is how you can achieve that.
The ingredients needed to make Seafood Gumbo:
- Get 3/4 c. Bacon drippings
- Get 1 c. Flour
- Take 1 c. Celery
- Make ready 1 large white onion
- Make ready 1 bellpepper
- Prepare 1 large tomatoe
- Get 1 clove garlic
- Prepare 2 Tbsp. Gumbo file seasoning
- Get 2 Tbsp. Worshircheire
- Prepare 1 Tbsp. Tony Chachere’s (cajun seasoning)
- Prepare 2 Tbsp. Louisiana hot sauce
- Make ready 1 Tbsp. Vinegar
- Take 1 tsp. Salt
- Prepare 32 oz. Of good beef stock or bone broth
- Take 1 lb. andoullie sausage
- Take 1 lb. Shrimp
- Make ready 1 cn. Lump crab meat
- Get 1 pkg. Frozen okra
- Make ready 1 c. Cooked rice per bowl
- Make ready 1 boiled egg per bowl
This is a great seafood stew “gumbo”. This would be great with mussels and some pieces of cod Worcestershire sauce and tomato paste are often used in gumbo and jambalaya. Hearty, delicious, and packed full of amazing and well-seasoned ingredients, this Gumbo recipe has officially taken place as one of my top five favorite. Seafood Gumbo – New Orleans StyleFood.com.
Steps to make Seafood Gumbo:
- Heat bacon drippings on low to medium heat and whisk in flour.
- Continue to whisk and cook roux on medium heat until it reaches a rich dark brown color. This could take up to 30 minutes. Whisk non stop or the roux will burn.
- Once you reach your desired color, turn down to low to medium heat and add in onion, celery, and bellpepper and let this cook for another 10 minutes. It will become very thick.
- Add in chopped garlic, andoullie sauage, and chopped tomato and cook another 5 minutes.
- In a skillet, add a Tbsp of bacon grease, vinager, and okra and cook on medium heat for 10 minutes. Stir occasionally.
- Add stock or bone broth to the roux mixture and stir until well blended.
- Add gumbo file, Tony’s, salt, hot sauce, Worcestershire and stir.
- Remove cooked okra from skillet with a slotted spatula and add to gumbo.
- Add lump crab and shrimp and let simmer until ready to serve.
- Serve gumbo over a bowl of rice and add a boiled egg cut in half. Enjoy!
Roux based Seafood Gumbo with Dungeness Crab, Shrimp and Smoked SausageCHILAU SEAFOOD & PEPPER SAUCE. Plus, this Seafood Gumbo recipe is ready in under an hour!! This recipe was originally published in I fell in love with seafood gumbo many, many years ago. With it’s dark flavorful roux, fresh seafood. This excellent seafood gumbo recipe includes stewed tomatoes and oysters, along with crab meat and shrimp and of course, spices.
So that’s going to wrap this up for this special food seafood gumbo recipe. Thanks so much for reading. I am confident you can make this at home. There is gonna be more interesting food in home recipes coming up. Remember to save this page on your browser, and share it to your family, colleague and friends. Thanks again for reading. Go on get cooking!
Source : https://www.cookpad.com