Hello everybody, it is John, welcome to my recipe site. Today, I’m gonna show you how to prepare a distinctive dish, buttermilk fried chicken. It is one of my favorites food recipes. For mine, I will make it a little bit tasty. This will be really delicious.
Get Fried Chicken, groceries & more delivered to your door. Convenient delivery when you want it. Get groceries, electronics, toys & more delivered.
Buttermilk fried chicken is one of the most favored of current trending meals on earth. It’s appreciated by millions daily. It’s easy, it’s fast, it tastes yummy. Buttermilk fried chicken is something which I’ve loved my entire life. They are fine and they look wonderful.
To begin with this particular recipe, we must first prepare a few ingredients. You can have buttermilk fried chicken using 15 ingredients and 7 steps. Here is how you cook that.
The ingredients needed to make Buttermilk fried chicken:
- Prepare 1 fryer chicken, cut up
- Get 1 oil, for frying
- Get buttermilk marinade
- Take 1/2 gallon buttermilk
- Make ready 2 tbsp minced garlic
- Make ready 2 tsp hot sauce
- Prepare 1 tsp salt
- Prepare 1 tsp pepper
- Get flour dredge
- Make ready 2 cup flour
- Make ready 1 tsp salt
- Prepare 1 tsp pepper
- Get 1 tsp paprika
- Prepare 1/2 tsp garlic powder
- Make ready 1/2 tsp onion powder
Traditional southern fried chicken recipes are simply chicken dusted in flour and fried crisp, but this delicious variation uses a buttermilk bath for a tangy twist. This buttermilk fried chicken is great hot, but also makes a wonderful picnic item served cold. Cover and marinate for at least an hour and up to a day. Fry chicken a few pieces at a time so oil doesn’t cool down.
Instructions to make Buttermilk fried chicken:
- Place all marinade ingredients in a plastic zip top bag and squish to combine.
- Add chicken to buttermilk mixture and place on countertop for 1 hour, turning occasionally.
- Place about 2″ oil in large shallow pan and preheat over medium high to 350°. (Oil should be hot but not screaming hot.)
- Place all flour dredge ingredients in large paper bag. Add chicken pieces, fold top of bag over to close, and shake well. -or- mix dredge ingredients on a plate and turn chicken on plate to coat.
- When oil is hot, place thighs in oil, skin side down. Wait 1 minute then add the breasts, skin side down. Wait 2 minutes then add the legs. Wait 2 minutes then add the wings, if there is room in the pan. Don’t overcrowd the pan. Try to maintain oil temp of 350°.
- Cook chicken until golden brown on the first side, then turn, about 9 minutes after adding the wings. Cook on the other side until golden, about 10 minutes. Check chicken for doneness… meat thermometer inserted into thickest part of meat should read 165°.
- Remove chicken and drain on another large paper bag. Serve immediately.
Turn chicken to brown evenly and remove when golden and cooked through. Buttermilk is the slightly acidic liquid left behind after heavy cream is churned into butter. This acidity creates and extra tender chicken and crispy breading. It will also give your chicken some extra tang which will really bring out the flavors in the breading! You can also marinate your chicken in buttermilk for a few hours to tenderize it.
So that is going to wrap it up for this special food buttermilk fried chicken recipe. Thanks so much for your time. I am sure that you can make this at home. There’s gonna be interesting food at home recipes coming up. Don’t forget to bookmark this page in your browser, and share it to your loved ones, friends and colleague. Thank you for reading. Go on get cooking!
Source : https://www.cookpad.com