Hello everybody, hope you are having an amazing day today. Today, I will show you a way to prepare a distinctive dish, nikujaga. It is one of my favorites. For mine, I am going to make it a bit tasty. This will be really delicious.
Nikujaga is one of the most popular Japanese comfort food, the delicious dish Guess what her favorite Japanese food is? Nikujaga (Japanese: 肉じゃが) literally means “meat and. With beef and potatoes simmered in a sweet soy stock until meltingly tender, Nikujaga (肉じゃが), or “meat potatoes” is Japanese comfort food at its best.
Nikujaga is one of the most favored of current trending foods in the world. It’s enjoyed by millions every day. It’s simple, it is fast, it tastes delicious. Nikujaga is something that I have loved my entire life. They’re fine and they look wonderful.
To begin with this recipe, we must prepare a few components. You can have nikujaga using 9 ingredients and 5 steps. Here is how you can achieve that.
The ingredients needed to make Nikujaga:
- Get 4 Potatoes
- Prepare 1-2 Onions
- Get 1 small piece Ginger *sliced into thin strips
- Get 300-400 g Thinly Sliced Beef (or Pork/Chicken)
- Make ready Itokonnyaku/Shirataki (Konjac Noodles) *optional
- Prepare Dashi Stock OR Water
- Make ready 1 tablespoon Sugar
- Take 1 tablespoon Mirin
- Make ready 2 tablespoons Soy Sauce
If you like soft and fluffy, use Russet potatoes. See great recipes for Japanese Nikujaga (Sliced pork and Potatoes), Nikujaga too! Homepage > Recipes > Beef Recipes > Nikujaga Recipe (Beef and Potatoes Stewed in Savory Soy Sauce Based Dashi Broth). All Reviews for Nikujaga (Japanese-style meat and potatoes).
Instructions to make Nikujaga:
- Cut thinly sliced Beef (or Pork/Chicken) into bite size, Potatoes into 4 to 5cm pieces, and Onion(s) 1-2cm strips. *Note: I often use a thick rump steak. Simply slice it thinly and ready to use for the dish.
- Place Potato, Onion and Ginger into a pot and just cover with Dashi Stock OR Water. You would need 400 to 500ml. Add Sugar, Mirin and Soy Sauce, cook over high heat.
- When it starts boiling, add Beef (OR Pork, Chicken) and Itokonnyaku/Shirataki (Konjac Noodles), then cook covered until Potato is soft, stirring occasionally. *Note: Lower the heat if required, but I usually keep the high heat.
- When Potato is cooked, remove the lid, and cook until the sauce is thickened, shaking and tossing occasionally.
- Pour into a large serving bowl and serve.
Nikujaga is not meant to be a hearty beef stew. Rather the bulk of the dish is supposed to be the potatoes while the beef is there merely to. Nikujaga does not seem typically Japanese since the main ingredients niku (meat) and jagaimo (potatoes) are historically not traditional Japanese foodstuffs. So nikujaga must be somewhat related to Tōgō. In addition to meat and potatoes, sliced onions and Nikujaga is considered to be a representative home cooking dish.
So that is going to wrap it up with this exceptional food nikujaga recipe. Thanks so much for your time. I’m confident you will make this at home. There is gonna be interesting food at home recipes coming up. Don’t forget to bookmark this page in your browser, and share it to your family, friends and colleague. Thank you for reading. Go on get cooking!
Source : https://www.cookpad.com