Hey everyone, it is me, Dave, welcome to our recipe page. Today, we’re going to prepare a distinctive dish, homemade pita bread and pockets. It is one of my favorites food recipes. This time, I am going to make it a bit unique. This will be really delicious.
Homemade pita bread and pockets is one of the most well liked of recent trending meals on earth. It is enjoyed by millions every day. It’s easy, it’s fast, it tastes yummy. They are nice and they look wonderful. Homemade pita bread and pockets is something that I have loved my whole life.
Is it worth making pita at home? Store-bought pita (like store-bought sandwich bread) is often several days old. Warm, fragrant home-baked pita is obviously superior, and there’s a bit of a thrill when the breads puff up in the oven.
To get started with this particular recipe, we must prepare a few components. You can cook homemade pita bread and pockets using 26 ingredients and 6 steps. Here is how you cook it.
The ingredients needed to make Homemade pita bread and pockets:
- Get 1 cup all-purpose flour
- Get 1/2 cup wheat flour
- Take 1 teaspoon salt
- Get 2 teaspoon olive oil
- Make ready 1 teaspoon sugar
- Make ready 1 teaspoon dry active yeast or fresh yeast
- Take For pita packet
- Prepare For stuffing
- Take 1/2 cup grated carrot
- Get 1 small finely chopped capsicum
- Take 1 small finely chopped onion
- Get 1 small deseeded chopped tomato
- Make ready 1/4 cup boiled American corn kernels
- Prepare 1 tablespoon chopped coriander leaves
- Make ready to taste Salt
- Make ready 1/2 teaspoon chat masala
- Get 1/2 teaspoon black pepper powder
- Take 1 teaspoon red chilli sauce
- Take 1/2 teaspoon chilli flakes
- Make ready 1 teaspoon oregano
- Prepare 1-2 tablespoon mayonnaise
- Take 1 tablespoon Tomato ketchup
- Make ready 1 cube grated cheese
- Get Other ingredients
- Take 4 tsp Pizza sauce
- Get As needed Butter
No need to pay the grocery store markup. Making your own pita bread is such a smart thing to do. Bread is always the same…mix, rise, shape, bake with maybe a few twists and turns along the way. This is a recipe for a simple homemade pita bread.
Steps to make Homemade pita bread and pockets:
- Dissolve dry active yeast and sugar in 1/2 cup warm water and rest for 7-10 minutes. In a mixing bowl take all-purpose flour and wheat flour. Add salt and oil and mix well. Add yeast mixture and combine well. Add required water and knead soft dough.
- Sprinkle little flour on clean platform surface, turn out the dough and knead for about 5 minutes. (Add little more flour if needed to keep the dough from sticking to your hands). Now coat the dough with oil and put it into bowl. Cover with plate or plastic wrap. Put in a warm place for 2 hours or until it rise to double it’s size.
- After rising gently deflate the dough and divide into 6 equal parts. Shape them into balls. Cover with cotton napkin or towel and rest for 10 minutes.
- Preheat oven for 10 minutes at 200°C. Grease baking plate with oil and sprinkle some flour on it. Now using a floured rolling pin, roll out one of ball into round or oval shape. Put this rolled out pita on baking plate.
- Bake for 2 minutes on one side and then using pair of tongs carefully turn pita and bake for 2 minutes on other side. The pita will puff nicely and should be ready. Take out from oven and cover baked pitas with towel while you work on the rest of other pitas. (My oven can do one at a time).
- For pita packet:- Mix all ingredients mentioned above ‘ for stuffing’ in a bowl. Stuffing is ready. Cut prepared pita into half. Apply some pizza sauce and fill stuffing into. Grill on grill pan by applying butter on both sides till golden and crisp. You can fill stuffing of your choice.
Everyone can make fluffy, pillowy pita pockets every time! After making pita bread at home, you won’t ever want store-bought pita ever again! This homemade pita bread is seriously going to change your life. Although it is ideal that the pita bread will begin to puff up and fill with hot air to get the perfect “pockets”, it is not necessary or always expected. Instead of buying pita bread, make it yourself!
So that is going to wrap this up with this special food homemade pita bread and pockets recipe. Thank you very much for reading. I am sure you can make this at home. There’s gonna be more interesting food at home recipes coming up. Don’t forget to save this page on your browser, and share it to your loved ones, friends and colleague. Thank you for reading. Go on get cooking!
Source : https://www.cookpad.com