Hello everybody, it is me again, Dan, welcome to our recipe page. Today, we’re going to make a special dish, classic northern beef stew. It is one of my favorites. For mine, I’m gonna make it a little bit unique. This is gonna smell and look delicious.
Order Beef Stew online with same day delivery. Schedule delivery when it’s most convenient for you. Scrumptious Beef Recipes To Make Any Meal A Success W/ Kraft®, Today!
Classic Northern Beef Stew is one of the most favored of recent trending foods on earth. It’s easy, it is fast, it tastes yummy. It’s enjoyed by millions daily. They are nice and they look fantastic. Classic Northern Beef Stew is something which I have loved my entire life.
To begin with this recipe, we have to prepare a few components. You can cook classic northern beef stew using 20 ingredients and 9 steps. Here is how you can achieve it.
The ingredients needed to make Classic Northern Beef Stew:
- Get 1/3 cup vegetable oil
- Take 2.5 lbs. beef chuck, cut into 1-inch cubes
- Make ready 1/3 cup all-purpose flour
- Get Dash salt and black pepper
- Take 2 cups beef broth
- Get 1 cup red wine
- Take 1 bay leaf
- Take 1 medium onion, cut into wedges (8 pieces)
- Prepare 3 large “gold” potatoes, cut into 2-inch pieces
- Get 1 lb. medium carrots, cut into 1-inch pieces
- Make ready 8 oz. large mushrooms, halved
- Take 4 celery stalks, cut into 1-inch pieces
- Take 1 lb. turnips, peeled, cut into 2-inch pieces
- Take Dash salt and black pepper
- Take 1 tsp. paprika
- Prepare 1 tsp. dried thyme
- Make ready 1/2 tsp. clove (grated or powdered)
- Get 1/2 tsp. allspice (ground or powdered)
- Prepare 1 can (6 oz.) tomato paste
- Make ready 1/4 cup Marsala wine (optional)
Northern Italian Beef Stew Northern Italian Beef Stew. Beef Stew is the perfect thing to make to warm up in the winter, and with the cold weather comfort foods like Pot Roast, Sloppy Joes and Beef Chili are popular on the site right now. With this application you will not run out of ideas for food processing in the kitchen to be processed into a variety of delicious and healthy Beef Stew. Here are some of the best Beef Stew recipes in this app: Classic Northern Beef Stew Hearty One Step Crock Pot Beef Stew Crockpot Beef Stew Instant Pot Beef.
Instructions to make Classic Northern Beef Stew:
- Prepare meat and vegetables before the cooking steps.
- Heat a large pot over medium-high heat with some bacon grease on the bottom. Pour in enough oil to fill the bottom of pan.
- Place the beef cubes in a brown paper bag and add the flour. Close the bag and shake a few times. [This produces evenly coated and drier beef cubes]
- Dump the beef cubes into the pot and season the beef generously with salt and pepper. Sauté the meat, stirring occasionally, until well-browned, about 8 minutes. [Add oil if it seems to dry out or stick]
- Add the broth and wine until it covers the meat. Add the bay leaf. Bring this to a slight boil and then reduce the heat to low. Cook for 20 minutes.
- Add the onions, potatoes, carrots, mushrooms, celery, and turnips to the pot. Add water (~3 cups) until it reaches 1” below all the ingredients. Season with salt and pepper, and the spices. Cover (slightly ajar) and cook on low-medium heat for 1 hour.
- Remove the pot lid and drain all the pot juices into a medium sized pot. Add the tomato paste to the juices, stir occasionally, and heat until a slight boil. Reduce the heat to a simmer and heat uncovered for 10 minutes. [The gravy will begin to thicken a bit]
- Add this “new” gravy back to the large pot so it just reaches the top of the ingredients. [Reserve the rest of the gravy, if any, for another meal]
- Add the Marsala wine, and simmer uncovered for another 30 minutes. Remove from heat and allow this to rest for 10 minutes before serving.
This easy beef stew recipe is my favorite. The rich beef gravy helps the hearty flavor of the potatoes and carrots to come through. It’s the perfect homemade dish for a blustery winter day. —Alberta McKay, Bartlesville, Oklahoma A classic flour and water slurry is a good way to thicken a stew. If you cook it too long the flour will break down and the thickening will be lost. Place the flour and the pepper in a large resealable plastic bag.
So that’s going to wrap it up for this special food classic northern beef stew recipe. Thank you very much for reading. I am sure that you can make this at home. There is gonna be interesting food at home recipes coming up. Don’t forget to save this page in your browser, and share it to your family, colleague and friends. Thanks again for reading. Go on get cooking!
Source : https://www.cookpad.com