Hey everyone, I hope you’re having an incredible day today. Today, I’m gonna show you how to prepare a distinctive dish, shepherd’s pie. One of my favorites food recipes. For mine, I’m gonna make it a bit unique. This will be really delicious.
Shepherd’s Pie is one of the most well liked of current trending meals on earth. It is enjoyed by millions daily. It’s easy, it’s fast, it tastes yummy. They’re nice and they look wonderful. Shepherd’s Pie is something which I have loved my whole life.
.with the kind of refrigeration we had in our homes, cooked meat could be kept much more safely than raw. Therefore, when housewives bought their Sunday meat they selected pieces large enough to make into leftover dishes for several days. Shepherd’s Pie comes to us from England, and is traditionally made with lamb or mutton.
To get started with this recipe, we have to prepare a few components. You can cook shepherd’s pie using 20 ingredients and 5 steps. Here is how you cook that.
The ingredients needed to make Shepherd’s Pie:
- Take 1.5 lbs russet potatoes, peeled and cubed
- Take 1/4 cup half & half
- Prepare 2 tablespoons butter
- Prepare 1 teaspoon kosher salt
- Get 1/4 teaspoon cracked pepper
- Make ready 1 egg yolk
- Prepare 2 tablespoons canola oil
- Prepare 1 small onion, diced (about one cup)
- Make ready 2-3 carrots, peeled, diced (1 cup)
- Get 2 large cloves garlic, minced
- Prepare 1 1/2 lbs ground lamb (traditional) or ground beef
- Make ready 1 teaspoon kosher salt
- Make ready 1/2 teaspoon cracked pepper
- Get 3 tablespoons flour
- Make ready 2 tablespoons tomato paste
- Make ready 2 tablespoons Worcestershire sauce
- Get 1 1/2 cup beef broth
- Prepare 1 tablespoon ea. Chopped fresh rosemary and thyme leaves
- Make ready Kernels cut from 2 ears corn (1 cup)
- Make ready 1 cup frozen peas
That saucy, deeply flavourful filling, that creamy potato topping, and that awesome golden cheese crust.… While Shepherd’s Pie is. The Best Classic Shepherd’s Pie Recipe with meat and vegetable gravy and cheesy mashed potatoes. Shepherd’s pie is a classic comfort food recipe that’s healthy, hearty and filling. The bottom layer is a simple a mix of ground lamb and vegetables, simmered into a delicious savory sauce.
Steps to make Shepherd’s Pie:
- Peel the potatoes and cut into 1/2-inch dice. Place in a medium saucepan and cover with cold water. Set over high heat, cover and bring to a boil. Once boiling, uncover, decrease the heat to maintain a simmer and cook until tender and easily crushed with tongs, approximately 10 to 15 minutes.
- Place the half-and-half and butter into a microwave-safe container and heat in the microwave until warmed through, about 35 seconds. Drain the potatoes in a colander and then return to the saucepan. Mash the potatoes and then add the half and half, butter, salt and pepper and continue to mash until smooth. Stir in the yolk until well combined. – – Preheat the oven to 400 degrees F.
- While the potatoes are cooking, prepare the filling. Place the canola oil into a 12-inch saute pan and set over medium high heat. Once the oil shimmers, add the onion and carrots and saute just until they begin to take on color, approximately 3 to 4 minutes. Add the garlic and stir to combine. Add the lamb, salt and pepper and cook until browned and cooked through, approximately 3 minutes. Sprinkle the meat with the flour and toss to coat, continuing to cook for another minute.
- Add the tomato paste, beef broth, Worcestershire, rosemary, thyme, and stir to combine. Bring to a boil, reduce the heat to low, cover and simmer slowly 10 to 12 minutes or until the sauce is thickened slightly. – – Add the corn and peas to the lamb mixture and spread evenly into an 11 by 7-inch glass baking dish. Top with the mashed potatoes, starting around the edges to create a seal to prevent the mixture from bubbling up and smooth with a rubber spatula.
- Place on a cookie sheet on the middle rack of the oven and bake for 25 minutes or just until the potatoes begin to brown. Remove to a cooling rack for at least 15 minutes before serving.
British European Recipes Shepherd’s Pie Recipes Tomato Beans and Legumes Pea Recipes Lamb Recipes Onion Recipes Beef Corn Recipes. This easy Shepherd’s Pie recipe is filled with lots of veggies and tender ground beef (or lamb), simmered together in the most delicious sauce, and topped with the creamiest mashed potatoes. This family friendly shepherd’s pie uses ground beef (instead of the traditional lamb), and your Instant Pot® or multi-cooker pressure cooker to prepare the filling and potatoes. This shepherd’s pie recipe is perfect for using up leftovers; Jamie’s lamb shepherd’s pie has a twist Shepherd’s pie. With crispy bottom, sides & top. “With crispy potato all the way round and gorgeous.
So that’s going to wrap it up with this exceptional food shepherd’s pie recipe. Thanks so much for reading. I’m confident that you can make this at home. There’s gonna be more interesting food in home recipes coming up. Don’t forget to save this page in your browser, and share it to your family, friends and colleague. Thank you for reading. Go on get cooking!
Source : https://www.cookpad.com