Hey everyone, it is John, welcome to my recipe page. Today, I’m gonna show you how to make a special dish, [vegan] apple cider donuts. One of my favorites food recipes. For mine, I will make it a bit tasty. This will be really delicious.
[Vegan] Apple Cider Donuts is one of the most well liked of current trending meals in the world. It’s appreciated by millions daily. It’s simple, it is quick, it tastes delicious. [Vegan] Apple Cider Donuts is something which I’ve loved my entire life. They are nice and they look fantastic.
To get started with this recipe, we must first prepare a few components. You can cook [vegan] apple cider donuts using 17 ingredients and 9 steps. Here is how you can achieve it.
The ingredients needed to make [Vegan] Apple Cider Donuts:
- Take 1 cup apple cider
- Take 3/4 cup finely diced apple
- Prepare 2 tablespoons coconut oil
- Prepare 1 flax egg (1 tablespoon ground flaxmeal + 3 tablespoons water)
- Take 1/3 cup dark brown sugar
- Make ready 1/4 cup unsweetened Almond milk
- Get 1 teaspoon pure vanilla extract
- Take 1 cup white whole wheat flour or all-purpose flour
- Take 1 teaspoon baking powder
- Get 1/2 teaspoon kosher salt
- Get 1/2 teaspoon ground cinnamon
- Take 1/4 teaspoon ground nutmeg
- Make ready 1/8 teaspoon ground ginger
- Prepare Pinch ground cloves
- Take For a cinnamon & sugar topping:
- Take 1/4 cup granulated sugar
- Get 1/2 teaspoon ground cinnamon
Instructions to make [Vegan] Apple Cider Donuts:
- To a small saucepan over medium-high heat, add the apple cider and apples. Bring to a boil and cook, stirring occasionally, until reduced to 2/3 cup total, about 10 minutes.
- Pour the apple mixture into a medium, heat-proof mixing bowl and add the coconut oil to help it melt. Cool until lukewarm, about 20 minutes.
- About 5 minutes before proceeding with the doughnut batter, make the flax egg and preheat the oven. To make the flax egg, mix the flaxmeal and water in a small bowl. It will need to sit for 5-10 minutes. Preheat oven to 350 degrees Fahrenheit. Prepare a doughnut pan by spraying with nonstick spray, an oil mister, or lightly greasing the cups with coconut oil. Set aside.
- When the apple mixture has cooled enough to proceed, add the flax egg, brown sugar, almond milk, and vanilla extract. Stir to combine.
- To a large mixing bowl, add the flour, baking powder, salt, cinnamon, nutmeg, ginger, and cloves. Stir with a whisk to combine. Add the wet ingredients to the dry ingredients and stir again, just until combined.
- Spoon the batter into the cups of the doughnut pan, or scoop the batter into a gallon-size zipper bag, snip off the end, and pipe it into the pan. Fill the cups 2/3 full, dividing the batter evenly between all the cups.
- Bake until the tops spring back when you poke them, 10-12 minutes.
- Remove from oven. Cool in the pan for 5-10 minutes then carefully transfer the doughnuts to a wire rack. But don’t walk away just yet! You’ll want to dip the doughnuts in the cinnamon-sugar mix while they’re still warm. Mix together the cinnamon-sugar topping by combining the sugar and cinnamon in a large zipper bag. One by one, gently place the still-warm doughnuts in the bag with the cinnamon sugar and very carefully toss the doughnut in the sugar mix until coated. Place back on the wire rack.
- Donuts keep well at room temperature in a semi-airtight container for 2-3 days (I store them in a glass cookie jar.)
So that’s going to wrap it up for this special food [vegan] apple cider donuts recipe. Thank you very much for reading. I am confident that you can make this at home. There’s gonna be interesting food at home recipes coming up. Remember to save this page on your browser, and share it to your loved ones, friends and colleague. Thanks again for reading. Go on get cooking!
Source : https://www.cookpad.com