Hello everybody, I hope you are having an incredible day today. Today, I’m gonna show you how to prepare a special dish, delicata squash shepherds pie. One of my favorites. This time, I am going to make it a bit tasty. This is gonna smell and look delicious.
Learn how to make Delicata Squash! I hope you enjoy this Delicata Squash demo! If you don’t have any leftover rice, feel free to leave it out or replace with any cooked grain.
Delicata Squash Shepherds Pie is one of the most well liked of current trending foods in the world. It’s appreciated by millions daily. It’s easy, it is fast, it tastes delicious. They’re fine and they look wonderful. Delicata Squash Shepherds Pie is something which I have loved my entire life.
To begin with this recipe, we must prepare a few components. You can cook delicata squash shepherds pie using 13 ingredients and 3 steps. Here is how you can achieve it.
The ingredients needed to make Delicata Squash Shepherds Pie:
- Prepare 4 small delicata Squash, cleaned and cut in cubes
- Prepare 2 cups, water
- Prepare 1 cup cooked mashed potatoes
- Get 1 vegan chicken bouillon cube
- Take 2 cups cooked red lentils (or any lentil of your choice)
- Get 1 1/2 cup each of chopped celery, onions and carrots
- Prepare 1 can tomato sauce, 8oz
- Make ready 1 cup thinly sliced green chard
- Take 1-2 tbsp Badia Mediterranean Blend
- Make ready 3 crushed garlic cloves or 1tbsp of ajo
- Get 2-3 tbsp coconut oil
- Get 1 tsp liquid smoke
- Get to taste Salt/pepper
There are tons of ways to turn delicata squash into dinner. You can slice it, or stuff it with meat or other veggies. You can roast it in the oven, sauté it in a pan, steam it, boil it, or cook it quickly in the microwave. Delicata squash roasted brings out an exceptional sweetness that you have never tasted before!
Instructions to make Delicata Squash Shepherds Pie:
- Heat 2 tbsp of coconut oil in a frying pan on medium-high heat. Let it get slightly hot, then add onions, celery and carrots. Stir and cook for about 10-11 minutes or until the onions are slightly translucent. Add the green chard and cook for another 5-7 minutes. Add the lentils, liquid smoke, mediterranean seasoning and tomato sauce to the veggies. Add another tbsp of coconut oil to keep the food from sticking to the pan. Cook for another 7-9 minutes. Set aside
- Clean and cube the squash. In small pot, put in the squash, water and bouillon then cook for approx. 20-30 minutes on medium heat. Check the squash with a fork. If it’s soft enough to go thru the fork then it’s ready. When it’s ready pour half of the liquid out of the pot. Add the cooked mashed potatoes to the squash then start to mash the ingredients together. When it becomes a smooth mixture, stir until fully blended.
- Take a 8″or 9″ casserole dish and add the veggie mix to the dish. Evenly spread the mix throughout the dish. Take squash/potatoe mashed mix and put on top evenly coating the dish. Set oven to broil. Broil the dish for 10-15 minutes or until the top is nicely browned. Bon Appetite!
Get this in the oven and enjoy the sweetness of this I recently discovered delicata squash and I cannot believe this squash has been missing from my life. I always thought it looked funny and figured that it. Sweet, creamy roasted delicata squash is a delicious fall side dish! The squash has a thin, edible skin, so it’s super easy to cook. If you’ve never roasted delicata squash, get ready to fall in love!
So that is going to wrap it up with this special food delicata squash shepherds pie recipe. Thank you very much for your time. I am sure that you can make this at home. There is gonna be more interesting food at home recipes coming up. Remember to save this page in your browser, and share it to your family, colleague and friends. Thank you for reading. Go on get cooking!
Source : https://www.cookpad.com