Hey everyone, hope you’re having an amazing day today. Today, I will show you a way to make a distinctive dish, ‘okayu’ japanese rice porridge. It is one of my favorites. For mine, I will make it a bit unique. This will be really delicious.
‘Okayu’ Japanese Rice Porridge is one of the most popular of current trending foods on earth. It’s easy, it’s fast, it tastes delicious. It’s enjoyed by millions daily. They are fine and they look fantastic. ‘Okayu’ Japanese Rice Porridge is something which I’ve loved my whole life.
To get started with this recipe, we must first prepare a few components. You can cook ‘okayu’ japanese rice porridge using 4 ingredients and 5 steps. Here is how you cook it.
The ingredients needed to make ‘Okayu’ Japanese Rice Porridge:
- Take Cooked Japanese Short Grain Rice *firmly packed
- Take & 1/2 cups Water *Do not add anything else!
- Make ready Salt
- Get *Note: If you cook from scratch, 100ml Uncooked Japanese Short Grain Rice & 600ml Water
Instructions to make ‘Okayu’ Japanese Rice Porridge:
– Place Cooked Japanese Short Grain Rice and Water in a saucepan, bring to the boil over medium high heat. Break down any lumps.
- Once boiling, reduce heat to low and simmer for 5 to 10 minutes. Add 1 pinch Salt and stir.
– Cook Japanese Short Grain Rice with Water in the ratio of 1:6. For example, cook 100ml Rice with 600ml Water.
- Wash Rice by stirring it thoroughly in water a couple of times. Drain the rice, place into the rice cooker’s inner pot and add Water. Press Cook/Start button to cook. Add 1 pinch Salt and stir.
- If you cook in a pot or saucepan, you need to be careful because it is easy to boil over. Once it is boiling, reduce heat to low, stir well, then cover with a lid but do not close completely. Cook for 40 minutes or until rice is soft. Add 1 pinch Salt and stir.
So that is going to wrap this up with this special food ‘okayu’ japanese rice porridge recipe. Thank you very much for your time. I am confident that you can make this at home. There’s gonna be more interesting food in home recipes coming up. Remember to bookmark this page on your browser, and share it to your loved ones, friends and colleague. Thanks again for reading. Go on get cooking!
Source : https://www.cookpad.com