Hello everybody, it’s John, welcome to our recipe site. Today, I’m gonna show you how to make a special dish, my mother’s chirashi sushi. One of my favorites food recipes. For mine, I’m gonna make it a little bit unique. This will be really delicious.
My mother’s chirashi sushi actually brings back the same memories to me as her futomaki does. And like my mother’s futomaki, it also never had any meat in it. You will soon see that this dish is a delicious change of pace.
My Mother’s Chirashi Sushi is one of the most well liked of recent trending foods on earth. It is appreciated by millions every day. It’s easy, it is fast, it tastes yummy. My Mother’s Chirashi Sushi is something which I have loved my whole life. They are fine and they look wonderful.
To begin with this particular recipe, we must prepare a few components. You can cook my mother’s chirashi sushi using 23 ingredients and 8 steps. Here is how you cook it.
The ingredients needed to make My Mother’s Chirashi Sushi:
- Get 540 ml White rice
- Prepare 1 sheet Kombu for dashi stock
- Take Filling:
- Take 500 ml Water
- Get 5 Dried shiitake mushrooms (thick, plump ones)
- Take 100 grams Lotus root
- Get 150 grams Cooked bamboo shoots in brine
- Take 1 medium Carrot
- Take 3 tbsp Light brown sugar
- Get 2 tsp Salt
- Get 3 tbsp Soy sauce
- Prepare 2 tsp Cooking sake
- Get 1 tsp Dashi stock granules
- Take Sushi vinegar
- Prepare 60 ml Vinegar
- Take 30 ml Lemon juice
- Get 2 tbsp Sugar
- Get 1 tsp Salt
- Get 20 grams Chirimen jako
- Make ready Garnish:
- Prepare 5 leaves Shiso leaves
- Take 3 Eggs
- Make ready 1 tbsp Shiro-dashi
This bright and colorful dish is made of sushi rice with a variety of vegetables mixed in, and toppings sprinkled over the top. The dishes you see in Japanese restaurants outside of Japan is just a tiny, tiny collection of what we eat in. “Chirashizushi” is known as scattered sushi and is served on plates or bowls with colorful toppings. It’s often cooked for celebrating special occasions, such as festivals and birthdays. You can use your favorite sushi toppings.
Steps to make My Mother’s Chirashi Sushi:
- Soak the dried shiitake in 500 ml of water to rehydrate. Add the kombu to the uncooked rice and cook with the normal amount of water.
- Chop the softened shiitake and other vegetables into 5 mm pieces. The water from the shiitake will be used for stock.
- Add the dashi and the shiitake water to the filling and bring to a boil. Add the sugar, continue to simmer at medium heat and remove any scum that arises.
- Once the mixture has softened a little, add salt, soy sauce and cooking sake (in this order). Simmer on a low heat until there’s no liquid left.
- Once the rice is cooked, make the sushi vinegar. Mix the vinegar, lemon juice, sugar, and salt. Combine the vinegar mixture and the chirimen jako in a small saucepan and cook on low heat. Once the sugar begins to dissolve, promptly switch off the heat.
- Dissolve the sugar in residual heat, pour evenly over the hot rice, and stir the rice with a cut-and-fold motion while fanning.
- Once the sushi rice has cooled, add the drained filling and mix.
- Mix the eggs and shiro dashi to make thin omelets and julienne (kinshi tamago). Serve the sushi, garnish with kinshi tamago and shiso leaves, and it’s done!
Chirashi, also called chirashizushi (ちらし寿司) is one of my favorite Japanese meals. The word “chirashi” means “scattered,” so this is basically a big bowl of rice mixed with fish, vegetables, and additional ingredients of your choice. I like this dish a lot, because it’s a delicious one-bowl meal that. Scattered Sushi (Chirashi Sushi) is often made for special occasions such as Doll Festival and birthdays. This beautifully arranged sushi is the This simple but pretty sushi is quite versatile and you can pick and choose different toppings.
So that is going to wrap this up with this special food my mother’s chirashi sushi recipe. Thank you very much for reading. I’m sure that you can make this at home. There is gonna be interesting food in home recipes coming up. Remember to save this page in your browser, and share it to your loved ones, colleague and friends. Thanks again for reading. Go on get cooking!
Source : https://www.cookpad.com