Hello everybody, I hope you are having an incredible day today. Today, we’re going to prepare a special dish, perfect pita bread. It is one of my favorites. This time, I’m gonna make it a little bit unique. This is gonna smell and look delicious.
Perfect Pita Bread is one of the most favored of recent trending foods in the world. It is enjoyed by millions daily. It is simple, it’s quick, it tastes yummy. Perfect Pita Bread is something that I have loved my entire life. They are fine and they look wonderful.
To begin with this recipe, we must first prepare a few components. You can cook perfect pita bread using 7 ingredients and 13 steps. Here is how you can achieve that.
The ingredients needed to make Perfect Pita Bread:
- Prepare 190 g flour (1 1/2 US cup or 360 ml)
- Take 1 tsp dry active yeast
- Get 1 tsp sugar
- Make ready 3/4 tsp salt
- Prepare 1 Tbsp olive or vegetable oil
- Prepare 120 ml warm water (1/2 cup), plus maybe a bit more
- Make ready Flour for dusting, as needed
Steps to make Perfect Pita Bread:
- Put flour, yeast, salt, and sugar into bowl. Mix, then add oil and warm water. Mix with spoon or spatula until you can form dough into a ball.
- Dough should be a little moist but not super sticky. Add a little water at a time if needed. If you add too much, mix in more flour.
- When you have a knead-able dough, dust a surface with flour. Remove dough from bowl and knead for about 5 minutes with palm of hand.
- You want to form a smooth ball like this 🙂 When finished, grease a large bowl with a little oil, and put ball of dough in.
- Cover with wrap and let rise for about one hour in a warm spot until fluffy, about double in size.
- Preheat oven to 500F/260C. Meanwhile, remove puffy dough from bowl, squish out air, forming into a ball again.
- Separate into three even pieces.
- Roll out into about 5-inch/12-cm rounds on a floured surface.
- Lay out a baking sheet or lightly grease your baking pan. Lay out pitas on pan and let rest for 15 minutes, uncovered.
- Make sure your oven has had plenty of time to preheat; you want it hot! Put pitas on bottom rack (if you have one) and bake for 5-6 minutes. They should puff up, if not, let bake an extra minute. (if they don’t puff up, the oven wasn’t hot enough)
- Move pitas to the top or middle rack of oven and bake another two minutes to brown.
- Wrap in a kitchen cloth to keep soft until serving.
- Pitas are perhaps best filled with plenty of falafel 😉 I have some recipes for falafel posted in the story section above!
So that is going to wrap this up for this exceptional food perfect pita bread recipe. Thank you very much for your time. I’m sure that you will make this at home. There’s gonna be more interesting food in home recipes coming up. Don’t forget to save this page on your browser, and share it to your family, friends and colleague. Thanks again for reading. Go on get cooking!
Source : https://www.cookpad.com